Tuesday 6 August 2013

3 Months Out

On July 22 we went up to Stony Point Park which is a huge hill covered by scattered rocks. Our zone went there and we hiked it and had fun. We got to one rock that was 6 ft. higher than the rock we were on and so one of the elders got up on it and then helped a few of us up. It was really cool because it overlooked most of the valley. It was a little hard on the way down because there was dirt everywhere which made it slippery; luckily I didn’t fall hard enough to hurt anything.
We had a meeting with one of our investigators, Jeannette, we talked to her about the importance of the Book of Mormon, prophets, and watched the Restoration video with her. The Spirit was really strong with her, but it still didn’t feel right to ask her to be baptized, she still needs some more time to learn, which is okay. We didn’t get to meet with Pilar or her son this week so we are hoping that she still makes it to church which would be the third time she has come and her date for baptism is August 10. If they don’t come her baptismal date would be pushed to August 24 which would be sad because she is absolutely ready for the gospel; so we hope to see them at church.
I finally got roped into singing in sacrament meeting; my companion and I sang 'Song of Ruth' and it went pretty well. One of the elders in our zone was hit while on his bike; but he wasn't injured and people came to talk to him to see if he was alright and they found a few investigators that way. I still hope I never get put on a bike; that would be dreadful. I'm glad we have a car; it makes things so much nicer. We did find out that they will be splitting are area and that part of it will be bike; so we will see what happens.
Well, transfers have come and I have been transferred to Valencia, CA. My new address is:
Sister Kirstin Reese
25343 Silver Aspen Way #325
Valencia, CA 91381
My new area is really close to the mission office so you can still send things there and I will get them almost as frequently. The area is crazy rich, and I mean everyone. My apartment is the most expensive in the mission; but, we also have the best gym and I personally have the 'Miracle Bed' which is the only one that the mission owns, so I am pretty lucky with that. The downsides are that I am opening a new area with my new companion; most every home is in a gated community and we can only work through members. Our apartment used to be an elders' apartment and they didn't clean very well as they were leaving.

Love,
Sister Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment